April 2018 – Present
After just 10 months in my reporters role, I decided I needed a new challenge so I moved jobs to kbbreview. My role includes a lot of juggling across a variety of jobs throughout the day.
- Writing news and features for both print and online
- Social media strategy
- Developing a strategy for the kbbreview awards
- Daily social media posts
- Video production and creating video news
- Monthly pages that I am currently in charge of is:
- Showroom of the month
- In conversation
Builders’ Merchants News – Reporter
November 2017 – April 2018
Due to changes within the BMN team, I was moved on to work to just work for BMN. I was doing the same job I was doing when I worked for both publications but took on more responsibilities like:
- Organising magazine supplements and working with organisations to create content for them
- Keeping the flow of the magazine and liaising with magazines departments and freelancers plus updating the flatplan
- Commissioning content with people in the industry or marketing agencies to provide articles
- Managing all four social media accounts
- Increasing the impressions on the Twitter account by over 175% within the first six months of starting
- Marketing for the BMN Awards
- Creating a social media strategy to raise the profile of the Awards and encourage engagement from followers.
Heating Ventilation and Plumbing and Builders’ Merchants News
June 2017- November 2017
When I started at Hemming, I was working for two of its Building Services publications HVP and BMN. During this time I was able to multitask and manage my time between the two publications. My main role during this time was mostly reporting, which included:
- Reporting and writing for both online and print
- Producing the weekly newsletter and using HTML coding
- Research and conducting interviews with key industry contacts
- Sub-editing and proofreading
- Layouts and design
- Creating pages using InDesign and Photoshop
- Work closely with all magazine departments
- Provide administrative advice and support to the Editor.
August 2016 (2 weeks)
I was working for the online team of Shortlist Magazine and developed my skills at writing articles for a consumer title when producing content for immediate release online.
Northern and Shell
August 2016 (2 weeks)
Working with the Sunday supplements for the Sunday Express and Sunday Star. I mainly worked for S magazine but also did tasks from Big TV and Hot TV.
Rapid News Communications
May 2014 – June 2014 (5 weeks)
I did a five-week placement at Rapid News and I was working for five of their business-to-business magazines. The content I was writing about was challenging. However, this was an exciting opportunity to write about the content I was not familiar with.